[Serusers] about cisco 5x00

jh at lohi.eng.song.fi jh at lohi.eng.song.fi
Thu Apr 3 16:03:09 CEST 2003

Tomas Björklund writes:

 > I have seen lots of dropped packets on my 5300 that isn't invite packets,
 > for example ack, bye etc.. even though record-route is turned on in the
 > proxy.

my media gw has two ip interfaces:  one for media and the other one for
signaling.  the signaling interface is on a private network and it is
impossible for anyone except my proxy to reach it.

there is a catch though with 5300: it is close to impossible to tell to
the 5300 which of its interfaces it should use for signaling and which
for media.

-- juha