[Serusers] new release of admin guide available

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Dec 9 20:10:57 CET 2002

At 08:09 PM 12/9/2002, Greg Fausak wrote:
>Thank you for the reply.
>
>I guess what I'm asking is what does stateful do?
>Does it take control of all requests relating
>to the current call-id from that point on?  So my
>may route logic does not need to think about ACKs
>and retransmissions?
>
>---greg

Routing logic is same for both statefuly and stateless.
The real difference is that some proxy services need to be
built on top of stateful and will not work otherwise.
For example, t_relay forks, forward does not.
t_relay can be used to account transactions, forward
cannot.

As for retransmissions: with stateful processing, ser
retransmits on UAC behalf. With stateless processing,
UAC retransmits and the retranmission get statelessly
propagated through proxy. Not of dramatically big
practical impact.

-Jiri