[Serusers] Re[4]: [Serhelp] third part session control

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Dec 4 13:29:09 CET 2002

[cc: changed to serusers, which is publicly archived]

There is no B2BUA support in SER. You can try to use some
existing B2BUA implementation. You can use SER along with
B2BUA too -- they interact using SIP. You just need to set
SIP routing accordingly to your scenario.

You should be perhaps warned of some side-effect of use
of the B2BUA technology. The root reason is B2BUAs break
the end-to-end model, in which intelligence lives in
end-devices. With B2BUA, you put a fair amount of work
on a network entity. That breaks e2e security, degrades
scalability and robustness -- B2BUA's failure affect
all existing calls.

-Jiri