[SR-Docs] FW: sip router getting started guide

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:12:32 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 10/3/12 9:50 PM, Ajay Sabat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to sip router project. I need some documentation to get
> started. I could find a nice link on the kamailio.org site to build
> and install the package and run the server. I need some documentation
> to do more from there. While browsing to get more information, it
> seemed there is a SER Getting started guide. But I couldn't find that
> in any of the related sites. The iptel.org has some links which are
> not working.
>
> It is bit confusing since there are multiple sites. Could you please
> guide me to get all available documentation to get started.

perhaps you should start with kamailio, there are several guides about
installation available at:
   * http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/

The index of the documentation is:
   * http://www.kamailio.org/w/documentation/

SER Getting Started is a bit too old, but good to give you some overview
of the config structure, it is cached at:
   * http://kamailio.org/docs/ser-getting-started/SER-GettingStarted.pdf

Several more complex examples are published by various sites, for example:
   * http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:index

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu