[OpenSER-Docs] migrating sgml to xml

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 4 14:35:36 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Now for xml should be:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>         "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
> [

Hi Daniel, hi Edson,

i think we should go for the 4.4 version of docbook-xml, this is in debian
stable, so it should be safe to use this. Perhaps there are some bugfixes and
extensions that are useful for us..

> In sgml was:
>
> <!ENTITY user SYSTEM "dispatcher_user.sgml">
> <!ENTITY faq SYSTEM "dispatcher_faq.sgml">
>
> In xml should be:
>
> <!ENTITY user SYSTEM "dispatcher_user.xml">
> <!ENTITY faq SYSTEM "dispatcher_faq.xml">

This is good for now, but in the future it would probably make sense to use
xincludes here instead of the old entities method, like with the database
scheme stuff.

Cheers,

Henning