[OpenSER-Docs] AVPOPS documentation bug - maybe

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 11 15:37:14 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Well, there's a big difference if we have a negative reply from the
> database or no reply at all from the database because it's down. In general,
> I'm wondering how to catch that state in the Openser config without reading
> log files - maybe the error_route could catch these so I could send a
> warning somewhere. That would be generic enough and handled from the db
> subsystem.
> We already have apps that return various error codes that are
> "reserved", like the auth functions and the t_relay function.

Hi Olle,

i agree, this would be for the avpops module functions that work directly with
a DB good thing. For other modules that also depend on DB operations this is
probably quite a bunch of work, and needs to discussed on devel after the
release.

But i don't think its a good idea to handle the state of server dependencies
through OpenSER. This should be IMHO done with some external monitoring
applications.

Henning