[sr-dev] OpenSSL and LibreSSL - food for thought

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Fri Sep 30 09:23:31 CEST 2022

Hello,

The apache 2.0 licence is indeed not compatible with GPL v2, as indicated from the apache foundation themselves: https://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html
In Kamailio we use GPL v2 or later, to be precise. GPL v3 is compatible with apache 2.0, but for that we would need to re-licence the code.

For a detailed list of changes, one could look to this page: https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_3.0

As Daniel already mentioned, there is now the tls_wolfssl module, which still needs some work and some more tests, but provides a way forward.

About the third-party libraries e.g. used in libcurl or other, I'd guess we need to see how the maintainer of this projects decide to go forward and then adapt.

Cheers,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/