[sr-dev] [kamailio/kamailio] uac: fix shm leak (PR #3065)
notifications at github.com
Fri Mar 25 08:25:50 CET 2022
<!-- Kamailio Pull Request Template -->
- for detailed contributing guidelines, read:
- pull requests must be done to master branch, unless they are backports
of fixes from master branch to a stable branch
- backports to stable branches must be done with 'git cherry-pick -x ...'
- code is contributed under BSD for core and main components (tm, sl, auth, tls)
- code is contributed GPLv2 or a compatible license for the other components
- GPL code is contributed with OpenSSL licensing exception
#### Pre-Submission Checklist
<!-- Go over all points below, and after creating the PR, tick all the checkboxes that apply -->
<!-- All points should be verified, otherwise, read the CONTRIBUTING guidelines from above-->
<!-- If you're unsure about any of these, don't hesitate to ask on sr-dev mailing list -->
- [X] Commit message has the format required by CONTRIBUTING guide
- [X] Commits are split per component (core, individual modules, libs, utils, ...)
- [X] Each component has a single commit (if not, squash them into one commit)
- [X] No commits to README files for modules (changes must be done to docbook files
in `doc/` subfolder, the README file is autogenerated)
#### Type Of Change
- [X] Small bug fix (non-breaking change which fixes an issue)
- [ ] New feature (non-breaking change which adds new functionality)
- [ ] Breaking change (fix or feature that would change existing functionality)
<!-- Go over all points below, and after creating the PR, tick the checkboxes that apply -->
- [ ] PR should be backported to stable branches
- [ ] Tested changes locally
- [ ] Related to issue #XXXX (replace XXXX with an open issue number)
<!-- Describe your changes in detail -->
Setup: uac_req_send() with evroute=2 and tm module enable_uac_fr=1
Noticed following shm errors while intensively testing uac_req_send(), happening quite soon after a fresh restart (e.g. 10 min):
kamailio: ERROR: <core> [core/mem/q_malloc.c:297]: qm_find_free(): qm_find_free(0x7fe8943bc000, 40632); Free fragment not found!
kamailio: ERROR: <core> [core/mem/q_malloc.c:430]: qm_malloc(): qm_malloc(0x7fe8943bc000, 40632) called from uac: uac_send.c: uac_send_info_clone(105), module: uac; Free fragment not found!
kamailio: ERROR: uac [uac_send.c:108]: uac_send_info_clone(): no more shm memory
kamailio: ERROR: uac [uac_send.c:837]: uac_req_send(): cannot clone the uac structure
I tried monitoring system memory using `free` tool and noticed that the "used" memory didn't grow alot. However, I noticed the "buff/cached" memory had a steep growth when 200OK(s) started to come, for my setup.
Noticed that, for my setup, when 200OK come, event_route[uac:reply] is not called, so the tm callback set by UAC module is not called. => the "tp" callback parameter shm allocated by UAC module is not freed.
By analogy, when using uac_req_send() with evroute=1 and timeout happens (e.g. no reply comes), event_route[uac:reply] won't be called and same leak should happen => *i didn;t tested that*, was just an analogy.
I updated the code to call the callback on TMCB_DESTROY, and make sure tp parameter is freed, *one time*.
Let me know what you think of this... in my setup/tests I got no kamailio shm logs anymore. Also "buff/cached" memory didn't have that steep growth anymore.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* uac: fix shm leak
-- File Changes --
M src/modules/uac/uac_send.c (14)
-- Patch Links --
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Message ID: <kamailio/kamailio/pull/3065 at github.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sr-dev