[sr-dev] licensing of videos and images from Kamailio World?

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Wed Mar 23 21:29:49 CET 2022

Hello Daniel,

I am not aware of any explicit copyright assignment process that were done at the last KamailioWorld conferences, at least the ones that I participated.

So, the copyright of the individual content (videos, slides) belongs to the individual author/presenter. For the videos there is also probably some copyright regarding the video production (e.g. like it was done from the Pascom guys). Obviously, the individual country rights (Germany as the location, and probably also the authors origin) should be considered as well.

In most cases the authors did not explicitly choose a licence for their content, so there is no well-known licence like creative commons under which this content is available.

Fair use rights should apply in line with the individual country rights, but I am of course not a lawyer.

If you want to (re-)use or reproduce this content in a commercial setting you probably should contact the individual authors/presenter.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://gilawa.com