[sr-dev] Large memory allocation on module startup

kthulasizwe at gmail.com kthulasizwe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:04:14 CEST 2022

Hi Guys,

I have recently modified a custom module, where I now shm_mallocxz 2MB, as part of module start up and this memory is not being used as yet.

Previously, the would be smaller chunks(100 bytes at most) shm_malloced during message processing.
I have observed significant runtime performance degradation from just this single change. I would appreciate any suggestions/thoughts you might have.

Below are some the relevant details.

OS:Alpine Linux
RAM: 16GB
Configured Shared memory: 4GB
shm_force_alloc=1
Typical shared memory usage: 1.5GB
System swapping is disabled, also observed during load testing that no mem is getting swapped.