[sr-dev] Timer handling broken in 5.5.2

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:29:32 CEST 2021

Hello,

that's a HTTP request to be handled, normally it should go to the
event_route[xhttp:request] block with xhttp module loaded, as the
internal design is supposed to work right now. Timer module comes from
SER project, so I am not familiar with it. In Kamailio, we worked with
rtimer module.

Anyhow, I pushed a patch to add one header to that internal HTTP request:

  *
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/c3629f877500373028d2c7cdefd976cddda31c15

Can you try it to see if works now? If yes, I can backport, but it may
be better to switch to a SIP message instead of HTTP, seems awkward for
the purpose of this module, but again, I am not really familiar with
this module.

On 05.10.21 13:48, Markus Bönke wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> the handling of timer events is broken in 5.5.2. I get the following
> error:
>
> ERROR: <core> [core/parser/msg_parser.c:748]: parse_msg(): ERROR:
> parse_msg: message=<GET /timer HTTP/0.9#012#012>
>
> I think it was introduced by
>
>  https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/1737e9443d6617350c5e6044aef07be565a345d0#diff-097939cfb9b6af2960a0d1161620155feadf3cbb4898144dee10b22834620a72
> <https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/1737e9443d6617350c5e6044aef07be565a345d0#diff-097939cfb9b6af2960a0d1161620155feadf3cbb4898144dee10b22834620a72>

> skip:
>

> 	msg->unparsed=tmp;
>

> 	if(msg->headers==NULL) {
>

> 	/* nothing parsed - invalid input sip message */
>

> 	goto error1;
>

> 	}
>

> Should’t thy be handled different already in parse_msg in msg_parser.c?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Markus

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
Nov 08-11, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - Nov 22-25, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/