[sr-dev] [kamailio/kamailio] dispatcher: Fix handling of inactive destination for alg 13 (PR #2964)
notifications at github.com
Wed Dec 8 13:11:11 CET 2021
<!-- Kamailio Pull Request Template -->
- for detailed contributing guidelines, read:
- pull requests must be done to master branch, unless they are backports
of fixes from master branch to a stable branch
- backports to stable branches must be done with 'git cherry-pick -x ...'
- code is contributed under BSD for core and main components (tm, sl, auth, tls)
- code is contributed GPLv2 or a compatible license for the other components
- GPL code is contributed with OpenSSL licensing exception
#### Pre-Submission Checklist
<!-- Go over all points below, and after creating the PR, tick all the checkboxes that apply -->
<!-- All points should be verified, otherwise, read the CONTRIBUTING guidelines from above-->
<!-- If you're unsure about any of these, don't hesitate to ask on sr-dev mailing list -->
- [x] Commit message has the format required by CONTRIBUTING guide
- [x] Commits are split per component (core, individual modules, libs, utils, ...)
- [x] Each component has a single commit (if not, squash them into one commit)
- [x] No commits to README files for modules (changes must be done to docbook files
in `doc/` subfolder, the README file is autogenerated)
#### Type Of Change
- [x] Small bug fix (non-breaking change which fixes an issue)
- [ ] New feature (non-breaking change which adds new functionality)
- [ ] Breaking change (fix or feature that would change existing functionality)
<!-- Go over all points below, and after creating the PR, tick the checkboxes that apply -->
- [x] PR should be backported to stable branches
- [x] Tested changes locally
- [ ] Related to issue #XXXX (replace XXXX with an open issue number)
<!-- Describe your changes in detail -->
Alg 13 did try to distribute calls to inactive destinations.
If the highest priority destination is inactive, hash is not updated
and the xavp is not set. This is resulting in failover mechanism
not working at all for the given call.
When the hash variable is not updated, it makes alg 13 behave like
round robin if the scenario above occurs. If you got two destinations
and the highest priority is out of service, 50% of the calls will fail.
Now I tried a more simple approach updating hash with the first
entry of the sorted list.
Also fixed a typo in a variable name.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* dispatcher: Fix handling of inactive destination for alg 13
-- File Changes --
M src/modules/dispatcher/dispatch.c (21)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sr-dev