[sr-dev] siptrace inconsistency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:25:29 CEST 2020

Hi Federico,

were the received ack and cancel captured automatically in the old
version when sip trace was set for invite? There were many changes in
the past years, but I remember that the flag was mainly for outgoing
requests and matching replies of the transaction for which the flag was
set. For incoming requests sip_trace() function had to be used.

Based on your remark, I think that trace_tm_neg_ack_in() should not
check if the trace-is-off(). It should be set when trace-is-on and
that's it for the transaction.

Feel free to clarify (or propose) the wanted behaviour and then we can
work together to have it as expected. I used sip trace lately for
tracing all traffic (trace_mode=1), no longer doing any filtering for
transactions/dialogs.