[sr-dev] New feature : feature/rehash_of_hash

Luis Rojas lrg at pobox.com
Tue Jun 16 23:11:58 CEST 2020

Hello, guys,

I developed a feature, which I called "feature/rehash_of_hash" and
wanted to push to github, for the maintainers to review it and see if
it could be accepted into kamailio.

it is related to the following post, which no one responded :-(

https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2020-June/109516.html

I wrote to that list with my work email. It seems, confirmation emails
for subscription to this list are been blocked by my work's email
servers, so I subscribed now with my personal email.

Basically, this is the issue, related to the dispatcher module .

If distribution is based on a hash of a header (Call-ID, From, etc)
and destination is not available, just a "next" is selected. That
causes that all calls are sent to the same destination.

I opened an issue with this :

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/2361

I also opened a pull request with the solution.

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/2362

I don't understand why it shows so many changes on my two modified
files. I forked, cloned to my notebook and pushed back.

For instance, lines 82 to 97 in  src/modules/dispatcher/dispatch.c ,
which I did not modify.

What did I do wrong?

Best regards,

Luis