[sr-dev] Removing Record-Route header

Andrey Deykunov deykunov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:33:28 CEST 2020

Hi guys,

I'm using Kamailio 5.3.1 in the AWS cloud. For this purpose I'm setting up
a 'nat_public_ipaddr' in the 'advertise' feature:

listen=tls:<%= @ipaddr %>:5061 advertise <%= node['hpbx'][
'nat_public_ipaddr'] %>:5061
listen=tcp:<%= @ipaddr %>:5060 advertise <%= node['hpbx'][
'nat_public_ipaddr'] %>:5060
listen=udp:<%= @ipaddr %>:5060 advertise <%= node['hpbx'][
'nat_public_ipaddr'] %>:5060

When I need relaying an incoming message to one of our internal services
(for example B2BUA, VMAIL etc) I'm setting up an internal address
'@ipaddr'  in the Via header instead of 'nat_public_ipaddr' :

set_advertised_address("<%= @ipaddr %>");
set_advertised_port(5060);

All works fine, but Kamailio adds a 'Record-Route' header containing
'nat_public_ipaddr' automatically into such messages. How can I remove this
header or insert my internal address instead before relaying the message?
Is it possible?

Thanks,
Andrey