[sr-dev] rfc: moving lib srutils to core

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 13:51:50 CET 2020

On 20.01.20 10:29, Victor Seva wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 10:08, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> during the last developers meeting in Dusseldorf we had some discussions
>> about simplifying the building process and internal dependencies/libraries.
>>
>> The src/lib/srutils contains now mainly the uuid and json functions,
>> which are used by very common modules such as registrar/usrloc, tm,
>> dialog, jsonrpcs, dmq*, ... There is a part related to the time
>> recurrence matching, used by drouting, tmrec, but the code is not that
>> significant in size, so I am planning to relocate the lib code to the
>> core and get rid of dependencies to internal libsrutils to many modules.
> Great, no complaints from me.
>
> Maybe a good example of something we can plan and try to do it
> together as dev remote meeting? I mean, organize a remote event so
> developers can organize and help on this effort.

In this case, the C code is going to be only one line update of the
include path, which can be done with a sed command, probably not
suitable to spend time to sync across couple of developers. If it would
be updates of function prototypes or structure fields, that would
require more manual editing and having several developers working would
really make sense.

Not sure what implies for packaging spec files though, but I guess you
are the one to sort out for debs and Sergey for rpms.

Kamailio Advanced Training - March 9-11, 2020, Berlin - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - April 27-29, 2020, in Berlin -- www.kamailioworld.com