[sr-dev] enabling mem_join as default

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Thu Sep 19 22:50:41 CEST 2019

Hello,

it was discussed some years ago, but I thought it makes sense to discuss
it briefly before the 5.3 release again.

One common advice that we give people that run out of memory is to
enable the mem_join parameter to enable the internal memory manager to
join memory chunks.

Some downstream distributions (e.g. kazoo) enables this as default since
at least three years [1]. So it seems to be generally working and stable.

I would like to recommend to enable this as default in the core.

Comments, objections?

Cheers,

Henning

[1]