[sr-dev] git:master:ce19d921: siptrace: turn warn into info message about loading dlg api

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 08:52:20 CEST 2019

On 09.09.19 08:46, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> siptrace: turn warn into info message about loading dlg api
> Info is better than warning, but I would prefer no message at all.
> These kind of things are in README file and don't need to appear in
> syslog.
>
> The code should check if dialog module is available when tracing of a
> dialog is attempted and issue an error if that is not the case.
>
> There are lots of other similar cases when a function cannot be executed
> if required modules are not loaded or if a certain module variable is
> not set accordingly.

In this case I guess that the developer followed the pattern in the
module for loading tm and sl APIs, when an warning is printed if the
their APIs cannot be loaded. However, sl and tm were like requirement to
be able to save all the sip traffic. Tracking dialog is for convenience
or specific needs.

There will be no message for this case when the way to disable dialog
tracking is figured out.