[sr-dev] sip_trace() broken in master

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 12:14:38 CEST 2019

On 25.10.19 11:54, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> There is also a rpc command to turn tracinf on/off, but it doesn't
>> affect the trace_mode=1. Again, for the next major release we should
>> revise and make those options work for all variants: mirroring or save
>> to db, with control via modparams and rpc...
> I looked at the code and looks like callbacks are not
> unregistered/registered again when tracing is turned off/on by rpc
> command. Doesn't that affect performance negatively?

I think it is like this with the tm callbacks since the very first
version of the module. So it is nothing new in terms of performances
comparing with older kamailio versions. Now, there could be further
optimizations, if someone wants to squeeze more, but given that there is
a sql insert anyhow, probably the overall gain is insignificant.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat