[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Info: initialization of libssl 1.1.+ with PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED attribute for pthread mutex and rwlock

Vitalii Aleksandrov vitalik.voip at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 22:35:36 CEST 2019

Hi.

I'm going to jump into this thread with a bit different but related
problem. I've tried kamailio master branch with the mentioned workaround
and it still crashes almost immediately in my load tests when kamailio
is linked to
libssl-1.1.1.
Haven't followed kamailio recently since had to switch to opensips for
my current project but the root of the problem is the same - the
multiprocess nature of a proxy and new behavior of libssl that uses
pthread functions directly. This workaround with pthread_mutex_init()
overriding really helps with deadlocks found with libssl1.1.0, but after
switching to libssl1.1.1 it started to crash again. That lib version
also uses thread local storage what most probably creates new problems
since ssl contex IIRC might be moved between tcp main and workers.

Has anyone tested kamailio master on debian 10 with libssl-1.1.1 and
many concurrent tls connections?