[sr-dev] sip_trace() broken in master

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:36:56 CEST 2019

On 01.10.19 10:49, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> given the changes done in the module to track the message, transaction
>> or dialog, it should be fine to do this right now, because it is the
>> testing period for 5.3, where it is supposed to clean up of issue and
>> make coherent the new changes for this release. It is not like a new
>> brand feature, only how an existing feature can be used in config.
> Since this is quite a mess now (also RPC Commands section is confusing),
> it would be great if cleanup could be done before 5.3.

The db storage and hep mirroring were developed independently, not
expecting to have them in pair always, but based on this discussion, it
seems you would like some of the capabilities from one tracing type to
be also in the other.

However, it might be too complex to develop it at this moment, that's
why I said it should be for next major release (5.4). Besides coding, it
would require a discussion to see how people consider to be the right
approach.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat