[sr-dev] sip_trace() broken in master

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 10:35:36 CEST 2019

On 30.09.19 21:25, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Can you try with latest master? I pushed a commit that hopefully fixes
>> it.
> It works now.
>
>> On the other hand, the use of flag looks like no longer necessary if
>> tracing mode parameter is set to 't'. Would it be acceptable to just add
>> a new function sip_trace_mode() that will accept one parameter to
>> specify what to track (message, transaction, dialog)? It would be a
>> short form of sip_trace() with 3 parameters, when the two are not
>> needed. I think it would be more coherent for the future to get rid of
>> using also the message flag for tracking the transaction.
> For me it would be best and simplest if tracing of all request and
> suitable parameters are set and when tracing is turned on via an rpc
> command, i.e., without any function calls in the config.

There is a parameter trace_mode which can turn on automatic capture of
all sip messages, but is for mirroring the traffic. Probably, for the
next major release, it should be extended to do the save in the database
as well, if that is wanted via some modparam.

There is also a rpc command to turn tracinf on/off, but it doesn't
affect the trace_mode=1. Again, for the next major release we should
revise and make those options work for all variants: mirroring or save
to db, with control via modparams and rpc...

> If that cannot be achived and a function call is needed, one must be
> enough.

I will add a new function that will have a parameter to specify what to
track and remove the flag parameter.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 21-23, 2019, Berlin, Germany -- https://asipto.com/u/kat