[sr-dev] Plans for next major release - v5.3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 20 09:42:49 CEST 2019

Hello,

a while ago, during the last IRC devel meeting, it was proposed to
either do the next major release (5.3.0) before the usual summer
holidays or leave it for autumn. Given that time is approaching, we have
to decide.

If it is going to happen before the summer holidays, probably we should
freeze the development in 2-3 weeks, then do 3-4 weeks of testing and
release during the first part of July. It would be a shorter development
cycle, so I do not expect much needs for testing. Only a few new modules
and plenty of work to consolidate and enhance the existing code.

Any preference for one of the two options?