[sr-dev] [kamailio/kamailio] siptrace: fix tracing messages to database when destination uri not set (#1951)

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue May 14 07:37:42 CEST 2019

Ionut Ionita writes:

> I did the fix but I think the implementation as it was it's a little
> broken. That is because you can trace only to database using sip_trace
> with no arguments, but you can't trace only to database if using
> correlation_id(this was the case in previous versions). With the new
> additions you can't trace a dialog only to database. I respected
> previous implementation, that's why duplicate URI was mandatory, but
> this check is skipped if sip_trace is used with 0 or 1 argument, which
> I didn't notice.

I don't understand from the above, if after this fix the very basic
existing usage of siptrace module (if flag is set sip_trace(); adds the
trace to db) works or not.

I would feel comfortable, if you would leave the 5.2 code of the simple
usage untouched and write your extensions in new sections of the code
rather than making the simple usage a special case in a more complex
implementation.

-- Juha