[sr-dev] [SR-Users] IMS: ims_isc, ims_registrar_scscf: some additions for 3rd party registration

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Mar 20 19:25:19 CET 2019

Am Mittwoch, 20. März 2019, 18:14:38 CET schrieb Valentin Christoph:

(add sr-dev list to CC)

Hello Christoph,

thank you in advance for the contribution.

> We had implemented a few additions for third party registration, based on
> kamailio 5.1.0 IMS modules.
>
> *   either service info OR original REGISTER request or original 200 OK
> can be added as body to the 3rd party Registration Request, if indicated by
> the HSS in the user data
> *   change: S-CSCF does not check for TEL URI, before it sends P-Associated
> URI to AS (SIP URIs are also sent)
>
> We would like to provide a pull request within the next days or week to have
> the changes as basis for a change in release 5.3.x.
>
> Drawback: probably our solution would need to be slightly modified, because
> we removed the check for TEL URI, if the S-CSCF sends the P-Associated-URI
> header to the AS in the 3rd party register request (maybe introduce a
> module parameter?).
>
> Any comments? Would it be reviewed and maybe taken for 5.3?

As the patch set is not yet available I can't comment much on the change right
now.

If your additions or extensions cause an in-compatible change to the existing
behavior, the addition of a module parameter to control this is indeed
recommended. Another option (e.g. if you extend a module function) is to
provide a new version of the function with the new or changed behavior.

We will review all pull requests. :-) If they add new functionality or extend
existing functionality in a meaningful way they will be usually merged into
git master. This is then the base for the next stable release 5.3.

Looking forward to your pull request,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services