[sr-dev] Info: app_lua_sr module - old Lua sr library

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:24:04 CEST 2019

Hello,

several days ago I split the app_lua module, relocating the code related
to old Lua sr library to app_lua_sr module, keeping in this way app_lua
smaller and focused to the KEMI code. Over the time, app_lua_sr should
be deprecated and removed, as we are sure the functions in Lua sr have
an equivalent in Lua KSR.

Therefore, if you are using in Lua scripts functions from 'sr' library,
consider migrating to KSR as soon as possible. The intermediary solution
for a quick upgrade to master version (to be release as v5.3.x) is to
load app_lua_sr and update some modparams, like:

loadmodule "app_lua.so"
loadmodule "app_lua_sr.so"
modparam("app_lua_sr", "register", "sl")

If you find a function from Lua sr not available in Lua KSR, then report
it via mailing lists or bug tracker.

An article about this topic was published at:

  * https://www.kamailio.org/w/2019/05/new-module-app_lua_sr/