[sr-dev] Unwanted INVITE while using TMCB_ACK_NEG_IN callback

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Feb 26 22:31:16 CET 2019

Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2019, 18:10:48 CET schrieb Ionut Razvan Ionita:
>    My name is Ionut and I am a new developer in VoIP dev team in 1&1. Maybe
> you can help me with the following problem. I have the following scenario:
> UAC sends invite to UAS via Kamailio proxy, UAS responds with 491. I am
> trying to catch the ACK from the UAC in siptrace module using
> TMCB_ACK_NEG_IN. I successfully trace this message but it's not the only
> one. I get an INVITE request which I don't want to trace since the callback
> is called ACK_NEG_IN. From my understanding, this call is issued right
> after the ACK is sent to the UAS, which, for me, doesn't seem to be
> correct, since the callback should trace in ACKs not outs. TM code that's
> calling this callback is in t_reply.c:2291. Is this a bug? I can fix this
> issue easily in my code by checking whether or not the current message is
> an ACK in siptrace but it would be great if we would work for a fix to this
> issue.

Hello Ionut,

tm fairly is complex, difficult to comment without more context and digging
deeper into it.

Can you reproduce this easily or does it happens only in special cases? I
would suggest to create an issue on our github tracker about it, with some
additional information as suggested in the bug template there.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services
Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment