[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Repository for automatic deployment of Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:26:03 CET 2019

Hello,

thanks for sharing this, very useful!

At this moment I would propose to hold on a bit in creating more
repositories under github.com/kamailio, because we can end up in having
too many there that will make it hard to spot the relevant ones and
manage them overall.

I am more than fine to add repositories that are of common interest for
the majority of the community, that's why I am proposing to wait a bit
and see in what direction this moves. There are a lot of automatic
deployment tools, containers, etc ... then for each of them, there are
different ways to do things -- so, imo, just cloning all tutorials out
there under kamailio repo might not be the best in long term.

Wiki is good at tracking resources/tutorials about them, but what I
could see in other repos is having a list like "Awesome Resources" in
github, so people making tutorials like you can make pull requests to
link them there -- eventually this eay being more convenient for
developers on github, rather than making an account on kamailio wiki and
writing there.

Then, one can also open an issue to propose a referenced repo/resource
to be imported, that will allow people to vote (like/thumb up) and we
can decide easier based on that.

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 4-6, 2019 in Berlin; Mar 25-27, 2019, in Washington, DC, USA -- www.asipto.com