[sr-dev] master siptrace not backwards compatible

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Tue Apr 30 19:51:59 CEST 2019

Hello Juha,

I think we don't have a policy that mandates strict backward
compatiblity going from one major version to another. This only applies
to minor version upgrades.

Have a look e.g. to this link, from 5.1 to 5.2 we also broke the
compatibility for some modules there (e.g. dispatcher).

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.1.x-to-5.2.0

That said, we should of course try to not break configurations without a
proper reason. All backward incompatible changes needs to be documented
in the migration document for the upcoming 5.3 version.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services