[sr-dev] Important: new module exports interface

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:22:37 CEST 2018

Hello,

as a result of collaborative work at Kamailio Developers Meeting, we
succeeded to merge the two existing module exports interface (one for
kamailio modules and the other one from ser modules) in a single one.

All public modules were updated, but if you have any private module then
you have to update as well in order to get it compiled with the latest
master. Just look at one of the modules (e.g., sl is a good option) and
all the fields in mod exports structure have comments with their meaning.

In short: we removed unused fields for statistics, mi commands and
extra-processes (from kamailio old interface) and oncancel (from ser old
interface), kept the rpc exports from ser interface and pv exports and
dlopen flags from kamailio interface. The other fields were common in
both interfaces, but be aware that order was also changed.

If you have a module implementing the old ser interface, you also need
to add the free_fixup_field in functions exports tructure -- you can
just set it to 0.

With this we have now a single mod exports interface in all modules, the
core is also cleaner as we got rid of the various compatibility layers.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com