[sr-dev] Roadmap to next major release - v5.2.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:35:23 CEST 2018

Hello,

as it was discussed during our last IRC devel meeting before the summer,
the time to release a new major version should be this autumn.

With the Kamailio Developers Meeting planned for September 27-28, 2018,
I think it is better to freeze the code couple of days after that event.
So I propose the following milestones:

  * on Thursday, October 4, 2018 - last development day, code for 5.2.0
will be frozen at the end of the day

  * 4 to 6 weeks of testing

  * release sometime in November, to be decided more precisely after the
first weeks of testing, some rough candidates being within the weeks of
Nov 5 or Nov 19

If anyone has something to add or adjust, let's discuss on sr-users
mailing list.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com