[sr-dev] removal of unused modules

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:11:00 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 01.10.18 21:19, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> K nowadays has a large number of modules.  Some of them may not anymore
> be in use by anybody and could be deleted.  One example is peering
> module that I wrote in 2008 for a demo.  I suspect that it has not been
> used since then.
>
> Perhaps we could issue a list of suspects and if then, if no one
> objects, remove them from 5.2?

I haven't used peering at all, so I do not have any comment about its
usage, but for at least one major version should be marked obsolete. You
can add it as a note in the docs (at the top of the readme for the
module, in the overview section) and if no one complains, then it can be
removed in the next major release. I will list it as obsolete in the
modules' docs index.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 12-14, 2018, in Berlin -- www.asipto.com