[sr-dev] RFC: dispatcher refactoring to use xavp and options for attributes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:53:24 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am starting a discussion here about my plans to do a bit of
refactoring to dispatcher module and gather some feedback if people
think of other improvements.

1) First is about moving from using avps to xavps. It should simplify at
least the config in terms of modparams, but also makes it more coherent
in storing the details of destination record for serial forking.

Practically, from a bunch of avp parameters, there will be one to set
the root xavp name, and the old "avps" will be fields inside the xavp.

2) The second is about the attributes field. I am considering to add the
option to load additional attributes from dedicated columns when using
database. So besides the attrs column, one can specify via a mod param
additional columns to be loaded and added to attributes, like:

modparam("dispatcher", "xattrs", "weight,socket,maxload")

The attributes string will be the value of "attrs" column concatenated
with "weight=val1;socket=val2;maxload=val3" (the valX being the
corresponding values in those columns).

This should make easier the management of the database records. For the
option with a text file, no changes will be done.

3) Anything else that one thinks would be good to add to dispatcher?

PS. I wrote to both sr-dev and sr-users, to get the attention of the two
communities. However, you can reply only to sr-users (larger community)
if you are not on sr-dev, because this discussion is about features of
the module, not technical aspects of coding.

Kamailio World Conference -- www.kamailioworld.com