[sr-dev] how to make non compliant and custom SIP implementation works with Kamailio

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Sun Jul 22 09:43:31 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2018, 15:09:02 CEST schrieb Victor Velo:
> I have Aastra phone that doesn't seems to get new firmware and most
> importantly NEC Hybrid IP phones. My question is, how can I "adjust"
> Kamailio to get these phones behave like SIP compliant phone. Which kind of
> Module do I have to develop? For the NEC story, I will actually dedicate a
> separate Kamailio instance if some workaround is possible. Someone offer me
> a complete NEC system to do this: NEC phone system + plus some NEC IP
> Phones for the "reverse engineering" task. So I will be able to see all the
> SIP traffic on the NEC system and will adjust Kamailio to handle them.

Hello Victor

your question is a bit to generic for a proper answer.

It depends how "broken" and non-compliant the custom SIP implementation is. If
its not too much broken, you should be able to fix the SIP. Have a look to the
"textops" module, to see how to replace text in a SIP message, for example.
You should be also able to use the "pseudo-variables", which many are writable
to fix things. This are documented in our wiki.

Normally you don't need to develop an own module for simple header
modifications.

If you have an issue with a certain header field or need some more help in
using the mentioned modules, just ask again on this list.

Best regards,

Henning

--
If you like my work in the Kamailio project, it would be great if you could
consider supporting me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/henningw