[sr-dev] question on RPC script reload: how is it invoked in the workers?

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 15:58:51 CET 2018

Hi list,

I am looking at the python script reload functionality exposed by the
rpc command "app_python.reload" and implemented by the function
app_python_rpc_reload.

The implementation increments a version number and calls
apy_reload_script(). But it looks like apy_reload_script() would be
run invoked in the process where the RPC server lives rather than the
children.

How is it sent to the workers for invocation?

I think I am misunderstanding how the RPC server works: how do you
differentiate between RPC functions meant to be executed by the master
vs sent to all the slaves?

Thanks
Anthony