[sr-dev] sipdump comment/question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:09:57 CEST 2017

On 16.10.17 10:44, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Perhaps 0 would be better choice as "enable" param default value,
> since dumping is likely to be done only if some need arises.

I am fine with it, you can go ahead and change it or I will do as I get
a chance in the next days.

> What is meaning of wait param, i.e., what is it that is waited for?
>
>   3.2. wait (int)
>
>   Wait time (microseconds) when no SIP traffic is received.

Writing is to file is done by a dedicated process, all other processes
handling sip traffic are pushing the data to this process via a shared
memory queue. This parameter is for the writer process, how long to wait
before checking again if there is something in the write queue after
emptying the queue.