[sr-dev] Contributing platform specific code to Kamailio

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Fri Oct 13 05:21:50 CEST 2017

Hi Tsvetomir,

sorry for the late reply. I assume this mail got lost a bit in the
days of Astricon. I even asked Daniel about this mail during Astricon,
but he hadn't seen it yet. Right now, I'm officially on holiday....

Can you please provide a Pull-Request for the changes?

>From my perspective, it is likely fine to have a Linux-Only module, it
might not be the first one. If you can encapsulate your extensions
with some IFDEF's, so the functionality can be disabled on non-Linux,
then that would be fine with me.

It would be great, if Daniel or anyone else from the Management-Group
could answer or comment this one as well??

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a functionality which handles ipsec tunel creation for VoLTE
> registration and I'd like to contribute it to the project. However the code
> is heavily Linux specific - uses xfrm framework, so it won't compile on
> distribution with older kernels and definitely won't compile on *BSD.
>
> How problematic is this? How to handle this implementation so that it gets
> merged?
>
> Right now I can see two options:
> 1. Implement the functionality in ims_register_pcscf.
> 2. Implement separate ipsec module and handle the tunel creation/tear down
> from the configuration.
>
> The first solution is definitely the easiest one for implementation, but
> after my patch the module won't be as portable as it is now and I'm afraid
> my patch will be rejected.
>
> The second one separates the platform specific code in separate module and
> won't affect ims_register_pcscf. However I need data from ims_usrloc_pcscf,
> which is not accessible from the configuration. Also, writing separate
> module for a limited IPSEC handling seems like a overkill for me.
>
> What's your opinion?
>
> Best regards,
> Tsvetomir

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/