[sr-dev] add_contact_alias(0) is proto differs

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Nov 24 01:26:10 CET 2017

Currently add_contact_alias() works like this:

  Adds an “;alias=ip~port~transport” parameter to the contact URI
  containing either received ip, port, and transport protocol or those
  given as parameters. If called without parameters, “;alias” parameter is
  only added if received ip and port differ from those in contact URI.

Now I noticed that a broken UA does not add a proper ;transport param to
contact uri and therefore received transport does not match contact uri
transport.  Therefore transport proto does not match, but ip and port do
match.

It would be useful is add_contact_alias() would add ;alias param also if
transports do not match.  Is it OK if I make the change?

After that README would read:

  Adds an “;alias=ip~port~transport” parameter to the contact URI
  containing either received ip, port, and transport protocol or those
  given as parameters. If called without parameters, “;alias” parameter
  is only added if received ip, port, and transport protocol differ from
  those in contact URI.

-- Juha