[sr-dev] acc to db has stopped working

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 09:01:18 CET 2017

On 10.11.17 07:46, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> This needs to be fixed to match the docs, but I am not sure where it
>> would a better place, inside acc (test if async workers is not set and
>> do db sync insert, so a solution specific for acc) or do it inside db
>> mysql async insert function (a global behaviour across modules when db
>> mysql is used) ... any preference by people here?
> If async workers have not been configured for a module feature that
> would need them, then Kamailio should fail to start and produce an error
> message,
well, in this case is a bug, because it was supposed to work with or
without async workers, as per docs. The question was where to do the
sync insert when async workers are not set: do a fix only for acc module
because it is the one supposed to act like written in its docs; or do it
inside the db_mysql module so if any other module in the future that
tries to do async insert without async workers will get a sync insert.

When I did this feature I inspired from the mysql delayed insert, which,
if I didn't get it wrong, just does the normal insert when the db engine
has no support for delayed....

Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 13-15, 2017, in Berlin - www.asipto.com