[sr-dev] on reducing the number of email messages

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:27:13 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 30.04.17 20:37, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Why is all K related github messages also sent to sr-dev list?  There is
> lots of duplicate traffic because of it if sr-dev member is also
> watching github notifications.
>
> Or is it so that sr-dev members are not supposed to subscribe to
> kamailio github notifications?
sr-dev always got the commit notifications (no matter they were cvs, svn
or git on sip-router.org) as well as messages from the bug tracker (from
sourceforge or flyspray).

It looks that there are more contributions as well as more verbose
discussions (some facilitated by the code review on github) and the
traffic got higher.

Several years ago there was a discussion on whether to use another
mailing list and the decision was to stick to one as people can set
their own filters to sort or drop messages. I am still fine with this, I
can easily search and correlate related discussions, but if there are
many people wanting another approach, I am open to go for better
alternatives.

Kamailio Advanced Training - May 22-24 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com