[sr-dev] TOPOS: Minor issue

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Jul 10 10:01:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

i've noticed the following detail with the TOPOS module:

I wanted to use topos with a database backend. I accidentally
misconfigured my Kamailio by setting a database url and the storage
type to "redis" without loading the topos_redis module, e.g.:

modparam("topos", "db_url", DB_URL)
[...] a few lines below.... so I missed that line:
modparam("topos", "storage", "redis")

This resulted in the DB-Connection not being initialized and in a
crash without proper error message. While I can circumvent the crash
by a safety check (which I just added), I wonder if it would be nicer,
if Kamailio would not start at all in this case of misconfiguration?

Just a thought.....

Thanks,
Carsten

--
Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/