[sr-dev] Remote-Party-ID Parsed Header Crash

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 18:55:34 CET 2017

On 14/01/2017 18:45, Joshua Colp wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2017, at 01:25 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think you were hit by an issue solved with commit
>> 15fc8b9c59aaf31f005e38f54d363f1e9d0a068e :
>>
>> https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/15fc8b9c59aaf31f005e38f54d363f1e9d0a068e
>>
>> The 4.1.3 was released before, in April 2014:
>>
>>   - https://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/4.1.3/README
>>
>> I am not sure if it was backported to 4.1 branch, but should not be hard
>> to backport.
>>
>> The issues was with many processing handling the same transaction, which
>> has the sip_msg in shared memory, but then parsing of some headers
>> created pointers to private memory of the process doing the parsing.
>> Another process coming shortly after would see the pointer in sip_msg,
>> but it would be to another process private memory and accessing it does
>> a seg fault as expected.
> Thanks Daniel! Based on some logging I added I can confirm that the
> parsing did happen in another process, so I think you are right that
> this will fix the issue. I'm going to work on backporting the change and
> testing it out.

Do the testing, because as a first thought now looking at the acc code,
the fix might have just narrowed the race window. But not having any
other related report since the patch, nobody checked further. I would
need to see how the callback is executed in the tm for a proper
resolution, but no time right now.

Cheers, Daniel

Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com