[sr-dev] Have save() function return an error code when 503 is generated

Lucian Balaceanu lucian.balaceanu at 1and1.ro
Thu Jan 12 15:45:25 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

We would like to know when the save("location") has generated a 503
message and as such we are thinking of modifying the save() function
to return a code (like -2) for this error.

The default behaviour now seems to be that most errors in save() log a
notice message, generate a reply via reg_send_reply() and
then make sure that config doesn't go on with processing by returning 0.
(tag "error:" in save() function definition)

Are you ok with such an intrusion in the code? If so, I will prepare a
patch.

Also, do you see an alternative to determining that this 503 message has
been generated?

Thank you,
Lucian Balaceanu