[sr-dev] RFC: Moving misc/obsolete/ to its own git repository

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:02:53 CEST 2017

Hello,

trying to make the git repository a bit slimmer and avoid unuseful
indexing of unused modules, I am considering to move misc/obsolete to
its own github repository (planned to be named kamailio-obsolete). The
initial idea was to keep there modules that were duplicated or no longer
maintained, just in case someone will come later and wants to revive it.
However, iirc, it is more than 4 years and nobody touched them, so very
likely it requires a bit of work to revive any of them, so a fresh
re-import will be the same from an external repository.

If anyone still wants to keep them in the main kamailio repository,
respond on the mailing list and present the benefits. If not, I will do
the operation in the next several days.