[sr-dev] Planning next IRC devel meeting - Apr 20, 2017

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 20 07:01:44 CEST 2017

I'm not sure if I can participate, but one issue that could be discussed
is how to distribute load to many worker processes in situations when one
Kamailio forwards requests to another over TCP or TLS.

If I have understood correctly, by default, sending Kamailio reuses
existing TCP or TLS connection, which at the receiving Kamailio is
terminated to a single worker process.

If so, one solution could be a new core function similar to
set_forward_no_connect(), e.g., set_forward_connect(<number>), where
<number> tells the how many parallel connections is desired to the
destination.  t_relay() would then setup a new connection if <number>
has not been reached yet.

I'm sure there are other solutions too.

-- Juha