[sr-dev] registrar method_filtering

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:09:49 CEST 2017

On 07.04.17 10:50, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> if registrar method_filtering param is set, lookup produces -2 and $du
> is not set if method is not listed in allow header of register request.
>
> this is fine with initial requests, but in case of an invite dialog,
> initial invite may list another set of methods that the ua supports in
> in-dialog requests.
>
> if request uri of in-dialog request is gruu, lookup on it would thus
> fail and $du is not set if method of the request was not in allow header
> of register request, but was in allow header of initial invite.
>
> in order to solve the problem, my suggestion is that lookup would set
> $du also when it returns -2.  comments?

I think it would better to have an option (eventually via a new flags
parameter)  to control this and lookup() return true, because returning
false but setting some of the destination attributes is somehow misleading.

A quicker solution will be to disable method matching based on presence
of To-tag, because this is anyhow part of an established dialog and this
can be end-to-end without involving the proxy/registrar.

Kamailio Advanced Training - May 22-24 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com