[sr-dev] qpid-proton and rabbitmq (and Kamailio kazoo module)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Apr 3 18:26:57 CEST 2017

On 03/04/17 17:56, Luis Azedo wrote:
> kazoo module uses whatever rabbitmq supports (AMQP 0-9-1)
>
> https://www.rabbitmq.com/protocol.html
>

> content type is
>
> props._flags = AMQP_BASIC_CONTENT_TYPE_FLAG;
> props.content_type = amqp_cstring_bytes("application/json");
>
> this is enforced in publishing and consuming
>
> and the proper url for the kazoo module would
> be https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/master/src/modules/kazoo
>
> kazoo module is built with https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c
>
> if you're using python, you may want to
> try https://pika.readthedocs.io/en/0.10.0/ instead

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the feedback

When I receive the messages using the Qpid Proton C++ client library (it
talks to RabbitMQ using AMQP 1.0), it receives binary messages.

Does your code send them in to RabbitMQ using type binary or string?

If you submit the body as a string, do you believe RabbitMQ server is
changing the type from string to binary?

Regards,