[sr-dev] Resetting private variables between requests?

Armen Babikyan armen at firespotter.com
Sat Nov 26 00:19:05 CET 2016

Hello,

I recall reading somewhere that all private variables (i.e. $var(foo)-style
pvs) are reset/destroyed between request_route executions, but I have a
suspicion this is not happening - either in some limited cases or perhaps
in all cases.

I suppose the most telling symptom is that I see no references to either
destroy_vars() or reset_vars() functions that are defined in
$kamailio/modules/pv/pv_svar.{c,h}.

Is this behavior intentional?  If so, I'll see what I can do about
implementing a mechanism that manually resets (or destroys?) variables with
a  "$var(all) = $null;"-type of statement (similar to "$uac_req(all) =
$null;"), or making a modparam setting that automatically does this.

Thoughts welcome.  Thanks!

Armen