[sr-dev] NSQ and CURL

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed May 4 22:34:42 CEST 2016

Hi!

I am not very happy to see a new module using the curl library. We can’t continue like this, adding module after module using the curl library after we agreed that this may lead to trouble when the modules use TLS/OpenSSL. The goal was to reduce the number of modules using curl, not add a new one :-)

Please use the api to the http_client module instead of calling CURL directly. If you can’t do what you want to do using that API, then let’s discuss what’s needed and solve that. This is a good use-case for the API that we can use as we move other modules away from using Curl directly.

At this point, and I guess it’s early stage, the source code files lack proper header/copyright text and are lacking in format. Adding doxygen would also be a nice move forward.

Please put that on your todo list as well :-)

Cheers,
/Olle