[sr-dev] [kamailio] dialog: Enabling track_cseq_updates causes message parsing to fail (#526)

Erik Davidson notifications at github.com
Mon Mar 7 19:52:07 CET 2016

I was going to work on a fix for this in master today but it appears it was already fixed by 284c11ed16bdc5afcc9abf49c9f5c1749ce831e0 though.  I do have a concern about the fix, though.  The fix was to just not issue the callback when sending a siptrace duplicate.  Would this then mean that in the case of the track_cseq_updates that the cseq in HEP siptrace messages would be inconsistent with what's actually being sent?

I was thinking of doing something like msg_send_metadata() that would take a header and footer size and then only pass the message part to the event callback.  In that case the message would still be updated by any callbacks but not cause errors on any parse_msg calls within the callback.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/526#issuecomment-193392646